- Preprocessing System
- Processing System
The RapidEye Ground Segment is comprised of preprocessing and processing systems. The preprocessing system called Data Management System (DMS) handles incoming orders from clients, generates imaging schedules and prepares the acquired data for generation into products by the processing system. The DMS was developed and built by MDA, Canada and includes five subsystems:
- Order Handling Subsystem - receives orders from clients and manages the delivery of products;
- Data Processing Subsystem - decompresses and decrypts raw data received from satellites, performs radiometric and geometric correction and generates orthorectified tiles, being resampled to 5m pixel size
- Acquisition Planning Subsystem - tasks the satellites to acquire imagery based on client orders;
- Sensor Calibration Subsystem - ensures the satellite imaging sensors are calibrated to certain quality specifications;
- Archive Management Subsystem - stores all acquired data and finished products in an archiving facility for future access and use.
We have designed and built a Product Processing System (PPS) that receives preprocessed data from the Data Management System (DMS) and generates standard and customized RapidEye products.
Highly automated and fully redundant, the PPS is comprised of multiple customized modules that enhance and process satellite imagery and other geospatial data, either raster or vector, to create integrated information products.
RapidEye has built the PPS as a centralized framework composed of a high performance cluster of compute nodes, database servers and file servers.
The PPS is expandable to accommodate the addition of new processing modules that will be developed to meet our client's information needs.